Thursday 15 March 2012

Film cameras in Busan

Busan doesn't have as many film camera shops as Seoul but there is a small concentration of them in the Nampo area.

I made just a quick reconnoitre there today - will go back again soon. I saw some nice cameras though. A Nikon F - first model with a Photomic prism; Leica IIIf with an Elmar lens, another with a Summar; Leica IIIg - a real beauty with a Summaron. Also M3, M6 & an ugly duckling M5. Also a CL and a Minilux. Contax T2… and that's just the 35mm stuff.

I won't even tell you about the Fuji 6x17 and a lovely heavy Rolleiflex SLR. The students I saw buying boxes of Velvia 4x5 however rate a mention. Two young girls bought a box each. I tried to engage them in conversation but our mutual knowledge of each other's languages didn't quite mesh. good to see interest in large format.

Whew! There's lots of film activity here! Can't wait to get to Seoul.

Posted via email from jayavant's posterous

No comments: